...so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. Hebrews 9:28

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Sorry for the length of time between posts ~ we are in Sorrento with sporadic internet.  It really only works if I stand outside of our apartment and it has rained every day we have been here ~ not too convenient.  We are at an internet cafe right now, avoiding the raindrops.  We are still enjoying Sorrento despite the rain.  We got to tour Herculaneum and Pompeii on our way from Naples to Sorrento, both of which were awesome.  I do hope to post on them.  They were a highlight for me after doing so much reading about them before we came.  That is one of the really cool things about traveling like this ~ things in books become "real".   I think the boys kind of take it for granted ~ they don't have the years under their belt to realize what a big deal it is, but that is okay.  It will come.  It is amazing how different things can be in real life compared to what I expect from reading.

We did get a break in the rain yesterday so we made a dash to the ferry and went to the isle of Capri.  We did not get a chance to see the Blue Grotto, its most famous landmark, but we had fun wandering around the island and the boys got a chance to get their feet (and unfortunately their clothes) wet, which made them very happy.  I rarely see Chris' smile as big as it is when he is throwing rocks into water. :)  I did post a couple of photos from Capri on Facebook for those of you who do FB.

We have made a few slight changes in our travel plans, which are still in the works.  We have decided to skip Sicily ~ getting transportation there was getting complicated.  I am guessing we will make that part of a future trip with Greece.  Our perfect plan is to flip Tuscany into Sicily's place, which would give us an extra week in London, which we love.  I will keep you posted on our travel plans as they develop.  Until then, CIAO!!


I was about to post, but I just could not get myself to post without including a picture of Sorrento ~ it is a cliffside village ~ this is a view from the center of the town down toward the port where we took the ferry to Capri.  That big boat on the end of the pier is just like one we took.  I am guessing Sorrento is probably gorgeous in the warm summer sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment