...so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him. Hebrews 9:28

Thursday 10 May 2012

The Isle of Capri

This post may be a bit repetitive if you are my friend on Facebook ~ I already posted these pictures there, but I wanted to get them on the blog as well.  Capri is an island off the coast of Sorrento.  Long, long ago, it was a vacation spot for the Roman Emperors.  Mostly, now it is pretty touristy, but was still a wonderful place to explore.


Should have gotten more pictures of these colorful boats ~ sorry Dad ~ I know you would love to paint them.

Between the weather and the lateness of the day, we did not make it to Capri's most famous attraction, The Blue Grotto.  We decided to take the bus to Anacapri ~ which is up in the rocky cliffs.  They have a chairlift you can take to the highest part of the island.  Chris and I had Ben talked into doing it, but it closed RIGHT when we tried to go on.  Ben was happy ~ he got credit for agreeing to do it, but then he didn't have to (he is not a fan of heights).  So instead we just walked along a cliffside path, which is where I took this picture.

Capri is famous for its custom sandal makers.  It was tempting....but I didn't buy any. :)

The boys were happy to play in the water,

and hunt for precious sea glass.  Ben now has quite a collection.

This is the view back toward Capri from the ferry when we were almost back at the pier in Sorrento.  It was a wonderful day.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I still loved seeing the photos again! Oh and THANKS so much for the postcard!!! It really made my day! Can't believe your trip is almost over - enjoy every last minute!

    ReplyDelete